Monday 5 June 2023

Been workin‘ so hard…

So, it’s Day 5, and I’ve already missed days 3&4, and it’s almost midnight. Great start to #blogjune, Andrew…

In my defence, one key difference between this month and previous Junes is that I’m currently in the final weeks of rehearsal for a theatre show. It’s my third show with the Queanbeyan Players, and it’s Footloose the Musical.

On the plus side, it’s pretty much sold out and it doesn’t open for another two and a half weeks!

Rehearsals have been all day on Sundays, and in the evenings on Mondays and Thursdays. Which means that over the past 36 hours, I’ve spent more time at rehearsal than I have at work or asleep.

Two weeks from now, I’ll be into production week, which means that we “bump in” to the theatre over the weekend, then Monday-Thursday are full runs on stage, before opening night on Friday, two shows on Saturday, a matinee on Sunday, and then we collapse for two days until Wednesday night when we get back on stage doing shows every day until Sunday. Then bump out and party / collapse in a corner and wonder what to do next with our lives.

I’ve particularly enjoyed working on this show. I still get my moment in the spotlight, but mostly I get to step back and let the “young people” shine on stage. Which, to be fair, works for me. The last show I did was one of the most exhausting things I’ve ever done, so it’s nice to have a change of pace this time.

Furthermore, I’ll actually have some time tomorrow to think of more insightful things to write. I can’t promise too much at this stage, though…

No comments:

Post a Comment