Monday 15 June 2015

Monday Meme - peeling the onion.

Okay, this week's Monday Meme is once again from Fiona... and this one has layers.

LAYER ONE: THE OUTSIDE
  1. What’s your preferred name? Andrew. Not Andy, or Drew, or Ands (which is just weird).
  2. Do you wear glasses? Yes. Except for that time when I wore them to the beach in Hoi An, and they disappeared into the ocean. Then I wore contact lenses for a few days.
  3. How would you describe your fashion style? Modern vintage fusion. I like to have elements of vintage stylings - especially to go with my swing dancing habit - enough to have some character, but without being overly eccentric.
LAYER TWO: THE INSIDE
  1. What do you fear? Missing out, especially when it's my fault, because I was too lazy / apathetic / distracted to take the initiative.
  2. What is your guilty pleasure? The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It's very silly, but I find it extremely charming.
LAYER THREE: YOUR THOUGHTS
  1. What was your first thought when you woke up today? Why am I awake? My alarm hasn't gone off yet. (And then I almost slept through my alarm when it *did* go off and almost missed the bus to work.)
  2. What you think about most? Where my life is going.
LAYER FOUR: WHAT’S BETTER?
  1. To be loved or respected? Respect. If people stop respecting you, it's probably because you deserved it.
  2. Dogs or cats? Cats are better than dogs. Fact.
LAYER FIVE: BELIEF
  1. Believe in yourself? Cogito ergo sum. I can't argue with that.
  2. Believe in love? I believe it exists, but despite what the Beatles might say, you need a whole lot more.
LAYER SIX: YOUR TALENTS
  1. Do you play a musical instrument? Yep. 
  2. Do you enjoy cooking? Yep.
  3. Are you any good at gardening? Actually, no. This is something that I'm quite bad at. I am good at inadvertently killing plants, though.
LAYER SEVEN: YOUR FAVOURITES
  1. Favourite animal? Pangolin. I've never met one, but I think I'd like to.
  2. Favourite movie? Lost in Translation or The Big Lebowski (I cheated and picked two.)
  3. Favourite book? On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta.
LAYER EIGHT: AGE
  1. How old are you? 36
  2. Does age matter? Yep. It matters to a lot of people. In many cultures, the nature of our relationships are based on who the older person is. I often feel like I'm not taken seriously enough, because people assume I'm in my 20s. At the same time, I often feel like my age is starting to slow me down, and I can't keep up with my 20something year old friends who are all footloose and fancy-free. Whatever. I'll go read my book and adopt some cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment