LAYER ONE: THE OUTSIDE
- What’s your preferred name? Andrew. Not Andy, or Drew, or Ands (which is just weird).
- Do you wear glasses? Yes. Except for that time when I wore them to the beach in Hoi An, and they disappeared into the ocean. Then I wore contact lenses for a few days.
- How would you describe your fashion style? Modern vintage fusion. I like to have elements of vintage stylings - especially to go with my swing dancing habit - enough to have some character, but without being overly eccentric.
LAYER TWO: THE INSIDE
- What do you fear? Missing out, especially when it's my fault, because I was too lazy / apathetic / distracted to take the initiative.
- What is your guilty pleasure? The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It's very silly, but I find it extremely charming.
LAYER THREE: YOUR THOUGHTS
- What was your first thought when you woke up today? Why am I awake? My alarm hasn't gone off yet. (And then I almost slept through my alarm when it *did* go off and almost missed the bus to work.)
- What you think about most? Where my life is going.
LAYER FOUR: WHAT’S BETTER?
- To be loved or respected? Respect. If people stop respecting you, it's probably because you deserved it.
- Dogs or cats? Cats are better than dogs. Fact.
LAYER FIVE: BELIEF
- Believe in yourself? Cogito ergo sum. I can't argue with that.
- Believe in love? I believe it exists, but despite what the Beatles might say, you need a whole lot more.
LAYER SIX: YOUR TALENTS
- Do you play a musical instrument? Yep.
- Do you enjoy cooking? Yep.
- Are you any good at gardening? Actually, no. This is something that I'm quite bad at. I am good at inadvertently killing plants, though.
LAYER SEVEN: YOUR FAVOURITES
- Favourite animal? Pangolin. I've never met one, but I think I'd like to.
- Favourite movie? Lost in Translation or The Big Lebowski (I cheated and picked two.)
- Favourite book? On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta.
LAYER EIGHT: AGE
- How old are you? 36
- Does age matter? Yep. It matters to a lot of people. In many cultures, the nature of our relationships are based on who the older person is. I often feel like I'm not taken seriously enough, because people assume I'm in my 20s. At the same time, I often feel like my age is starting to slow me down, and I can't keep up with my 20something year old friends who are all footloose and fancy-free. Whatever. I'll go read my book and adopt some cats.