Thursday 9 June 2016

And now, the end is near...

I have returned to London - where I started this vacation - and though I don't fly out until Sunday, I'm already feeling the end approaching. Now I'm feeling the pressure to see as much as I can for my last three days. After checking in at my hostel near London Bridge, I walked along the Thames, past the site of the original Globe Theatre, across to St Paul's Cathedral, though Covent Garden and Leicester Square to Trafalgar Square, and then on to Big Ben and Westminster. As I crossed to the London Eye, I noticed that my feet were getting decidedly sore, and that I'd been walking for three hours. It all looked so much closer on the map!
I couldn't find the little old birdwoman.
I didn't expect it to be so shiny!
I'll soon be closing up another chapter in my life. After 14 months in Kosovo, my current contract is ending, and as valuable as the experience has been, the time has come to move on to other things. Of course, I'm feeling the pressure to tie off all the loose ends, and prepare all my handover notes, with the aim of leaving the role in a good condition for the next person. Still, it can be difficult to let go! I plan to stay in the area for a couple of months, with some travel and side-projects, but it'll be hard to resist dropping into work to check up on things!

So, in both cases, it's a moment of reflection and mild anxiety / excitement of what the future may hold! Change can be scary but healthy, and the more widely I work and travel, the more perpective I will gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment