Monday 13 June 2022

Blogjune Day 13 - I'm looking forward to the future, but my eyesight is going bad...

My moving preparations have taken precedence, and I've missed two days of BlogJune... but I shall press on!

Today's question: What am I grateful for?


I often seem frustrated, overwhelmed and discontented. But that's not to say that I'm not grateful.

I'm grateful that I chose a profession and career path that has created so many unique life experiences so far, and continues to open up new and interesting opportunities - and for all of the memories of these experience.

I'm grateful that, even though my professional field is a shrinking sector, I've still been able to expand on my professional experience through every role I take on.

I'm grateful that I live in a country where I can live comfortably, with a roof over my head, food to eat, and freedom from war and tyranny.

I'm grateful for my health, and for health services that are accessible to everybody in the community.

I'm grateful for my community of friends and professional peers who both support me and hold me accountable.

Most of all, I'm grateful for living a life where I have options - where even if I lost everything, I could pick up the pieces and start again - and create new memories. It feels like a privilege that I really don't deserve, but I'm certainly grateful for it.

It doesn't mean I won't complain, of course. You can be grateful, but want more from life.

No comments:

Post a Comment