Thursday 30 June 2022

Blogjune Day 30 - Turn and face the strange

I missed a few more days, and now I’m lying in bed about to fall asleep, and realising that it’s the last day of the month, I feel compelled to finish it properly. I am however blogging on my phone, so I’ll probably be quite brief.

Final question: What makes me me?


I feel like one of my defining features is that I am constantly changing. If you asked me three, five or ten years ago what I thought I’d be doing in 2022, I’d give you a completely different answer and I’d be wrong every time.

So often we become a product of our lived experiences, and as our lives change, so do our values, skills and aspirations. One thing I do value about #blogjune is that it encapsulates a month in each year. Every blogjune has been different for me… each has been is unique episode of my life and each has also felt like I’ve been on the precipice before leaping into the next thing.

I guess the thing that makes me me is that I lean into that opportunity to change - to take on new challenges and continue to redefine myself in ways that surprise past-me.

So, that’s me for another June. See you (I hope) in another 11 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment